1. There shall be a Professor of Development Economics who shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in an interdisciplinary area within the field of Development Economics and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) below is ViceChancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) above;
(4)–(5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Department of International Development.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to the Chair.