1. The Professor of Economic and Social History shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in economic and social history.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her nominee;
(7) a person appointed by the Department of Economics;
(8)–(9) two persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of History.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair