1. The Professor of Economic History shall lecture and give instruction in Economic History on such conditions and with such duties as the Social Sciences Board shall from time to time determine.
2. The professor shall be elected by a board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the head of the college with which the professorship shall be for the time being associated, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4) the Chichele Professor of Economic History;
(5) a person appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7) a person appointed by the Board of the Faculty of History;
(8), (9) two persons appointed by the Department of Economics.