1. The Professor of Geosystem Sciences shall undertake research in Geosystem Sciences and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject. Geosystem Sciences is taken to mean those areas of geography and physical science concerned with the quantitative analysis of how the earth’s surface reservoirs (the land, oceans, cryosphere and atmosphere) respond to change, together with the predictable impacts of these changes upon society.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of Linacre College, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of Linacre College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a member of the Social Sciences Division appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons elected by the School of Geography and the Environment.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.