Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 10 November 2023 (Gazette Vol 154, p 97-8, 26 October 2023).
1. The Professor of Inorganic Chemistry shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Inorganic Chemistry and shall generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by a board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)-(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical Physical and Life Sciences Board;
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.