1. The University accepts with gratitude the benefaction offered by The Shirley Foundation, and any further sums which may be contributed for the same purpose, for the establishment of an Oxford Internet Institute, including the establishment of a Professorship of Internet Studies.
2. The professor shall lecture and give instruction in the societal and public policy aspects of the Internet.
3. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (
2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council; (2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)-(9) four persons appointed by the Social Sciences Board.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.