1. The Professor of Materials Engineering shall undertake research in Materials Engineering and lecture and give instruction in that subject and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical and Physical Sciences Board.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulation concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulation which are applicable to this chair.