1. The Professor of Molecular Medicine shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in Molecular Medicine.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council, of whom one shall be appointed in agreement with the Medical Research Council;
(6)-(10) five persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(11) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust or any successor body. At least three members of the board shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.