Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended on 17 June 2022 (Gazette, Vol. 152, p. 412, 2 June 2022)
1. The Professor of Psychology shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in Psychology in the widest sense.
2. The professor shall be elected by a board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)-(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.