Professor of Social Policy
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 8 May 2015 (Gazette, Vol. 145, pp. 490-491, 23 April 2015
1. There shall be a Professor of Social Policy who shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in that subject and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) below is ViceChancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) above;
(4)–(5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Department of Social Policy and Intervention.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to the Chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below