1. There shall be a Professor of Socio-Legal Studies who shall lecture and give instruction in Socio- Legal Studies.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board; and
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Faculty of Law.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.