Professor of the History of Art
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended on 15 October 2013 (Gazette, Vol. 144, p. 82, 17 October 2013) and by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 3 August 2018 (Gazette, Vol.148, p.571, 19 July 2018)
1. The Professor of the History of Art shall lecture and give instruction in the History of Art.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Humanities Board;
(7) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of History;
(8) a person elected by the Committee for the History of Art;
(9) a person elected by the Committee for the Ruskin School of Art.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below