Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 1 August 2022 (Gazette, Vol. 152, p. 486, 7 July 2022)
1. The Professor of Zoology shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in Zoology.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4)-(6) three persons appointed by Council;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Department of Biology, of whom one shall be appointed after consultation with the Curators of the Hope Collections.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.