1. There shall be four Professors of Economics who shall engage in advanced study and research and shall lecture and give instruction in Economics. 2. The professors shall each be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the General Purposes Committee of the Department of Economics.
3. The professors shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to these chairs.