1. There shall be two Professors of Social Anthropology who shall undertake research in Social Anthropology and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject.
2. The professors shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Life and Environmental Sciences Board.
3. The professors shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to these chairs.