1. The Savilian Professor of Geometry shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Geometry or some other branch of Pure Mathematics and shall generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Warden of New College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of New College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of New College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons elected by the Departmental Committee of the Mathematical Institute.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.