1. The Schwarz-Taylor Professor of the German Language and Literature shall lecture and give instruction in the history and literature of the German language.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship may be allocated by Council from time to time, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4)-(5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or their nominee;
(7)-(9) three persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages, at least one of whom shall be an external person.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.