Vigfusson Rausing Reader in Ancient Icelandic Literature and Antiquities
1. The University accepts with deep gratitude the benefaction from Dr. Gad Rausing towards the further endowment of the Readership in Ancient Icelandic Literature and Antiquities, which is partly supported from the income of the fund bequeathed by Dr. G. H. Fowler, and which shall henceforth be known as the Vigfusson Rausing Readership in Ancient Icelandic Literature and Antiquities.
2. The reader shall engage in advanced study or research and shall lecture and give instruction in Ancient Icelandic Literature and Antiquities on such conditions and with such duties as the General Board shall from time to time determine.
3. The reader shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) a person appointed by Council;
(3) a person appointed by the General Board;
(4)-(7) four persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of English Language and Literature.
4. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time, provided always that the object of the two donors, namely to support and endow a readership in Ancient Icelandic Literature and Antiquities bearing the names of Vigfusson and Rausing, shall be kept in view.