1. The Whitley Professor of Biochemistry shall lecture and give instruction in Biochemistry and Physiological Chemistry.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the President of Trinity College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the President of Trinity College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Trinity College;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Trinity College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Life and Environmental Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall not be allowed to engage in private medical or surgical practice. He or she shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.