The University needs timely, accurate and reliable data in order to manage activities and meet internal and external requirements to demonstrate accountability through accurate reporting.
Specifically the University needs to ensure its data quality so that it can:
- Provide effective and efficient services to students, staff and other stakeholders
- Produce accurate and comprehensive management information on which timely, informed decisions can be made to inform the future of the institution
- Monitor and review activities and operations
- Produce accurate external returns to ensure accurate funding allocations, and to demonstrate accountability to public and private funders
- Meet the terms and conditions for grant funding to Higher Education Providers by the Office for Students (OfS) and Research England
Further details can be found in the University’s Data Quality & Data Quality Assurance Policy, including roles and responsibilities for all staff, and you can learn more about how to maintain the quality of the data you work with by completing the Data quality training (CoSy) .
Responsibility for oversight of process, systems and review to ensure accurate and valid external data returns rests with the Data Assurance Group (DAG) , and a toolkit is available to help members of the University assess related risk, see Data Risk Management.